Blue Hexagon is looking for a full stack systems software engineer to build and deploy cutting edge security applications at scale.
Blue Hexagon is a premier VC-backed early stage startup and offers competitive equity and pay packages as well as medical, dental, vision, 401k, flex hours, company outings, munchies and amazing teammates. Your teammates have worked at Amazon, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks and Qualcomm and studied at schools like Stanford, Princeton, CMU, MIT, Georgia Tech, Purdue and Berkeley.
You must have the passion and ability to take complete ownership of tasks, become the subject matter expert in the team, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment at an early stage company.
- Build and optimize high-speed machine learning pipelines
- Build and optimize big data analytics engines
- Develop and use state-of-the-art multi-threading and multi-processing techniques for high performance and scalability
- Expand and refactor the existing codebase, while adhering to best software engineering practices
- Contribute to technical reports and user documentation, and disseminate other technical information
- BS or MS in CS and >2 years of experience in building and maintaining systems software
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of C++, python
- Excellent understanding of the development toolchain
- Comfortable with debuggers such as gdb or lldb
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development processes such as agile, scrum, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience using git on a daily basis
Nice to Have
- Working familiarity with x86 assembly code
- Working familiarity with SIMD
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques