Blue Hexagon is a premier VC-backed early stage startup applying advanced machine learning to cyber security.
We offer competitive equity and pay packages as well as medical, dental, vision, 401k, flex hours, company outings,
munchies and amazing teammates. Your teammates have worked at Amazon, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks,
Symantec and Qualcomm and studied at schools like Stanford, Princeton, CMU, MIT, Georgia Tech, Purdue and Berkeley.
Come join our amazing team!
As Senior QA Engineer, you’ll essentially kick start the QA group at Blue Hexagon! This provides you a unique opportunity
to build everything, from scratch, the way you always wanted it to be. You will collaborate on SDLC, QA processes,
requirements/design, writing test cases, manual testing of new features; and writing and maintaining automated regression tests.
This position requires strong networking knowledge, and well-rounded automation skills. Initially, you’ll spend time
performing manual tests of our appliance and cloud stack, along with implementing the test automation framework,
including integration with CI/CD, and eventually mentor other QA engineers on testing and automation best practices.
* Be a functional expert on the core team, and help deliver quality product
* Be a champion for automation-focused QA culture, and drive automation and CI/CD tools and framework
* Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
* Develop and maintain test automation frameworks and test cases
* Regress, isolate and report issues found during testing
* Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
* Develop and execute performance and scalability tests using open source tools
* Work cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering as part of product development process
* 6+ years experience in QA with a progressive increase of responsibility
* 3+ years experience with frontend and/or backend automation framework
* Should not be scared of tcpdump
* Strategic understanding of automation tools and frameworks, with hands-on ability to implement frameworks and automated regression tests
* Proven experience testing SaaS applications, web service APIs
* Proven experience with unit testing frameworks, and Selenium.
* Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
* Experience mentoring employees to grow their relevant skill set and make important contributions to overall company goals
* Experience testing machine learning or AI based systems
* Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, TestRail
* Experience with Python (we’re a Python/C++ shop)
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with any Network Appliance