ABOUT BLUE HEXAGON: Blue Hexagon’s Agentless Cloud-Native AI security platform can analyze cloud configurations, network traffic, cloud storage activity, and the entire threat kill chain in real time. Our unique agentless solution – powered by deep learning – operates at runtime, so you can have a safe cloud and free up your teams to focus on cloud application development and grow your business. Blue Hexagon is trusted and deployed by leading healthcare, electronic retail, technology, insurance, and financial services companies. Blue Hexagon is one of the most recognized AI Security companies including the 2020 Gartner Market Guide for Network Detection and Response, the Forbes AI-50, CNBC’s Upstart 100, and CB Insights AI-100. Blue Hexagon’s market opportunity spans all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that provides tremendous business value and delights customers, then Blue Hexagon is the company for you!
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At Blue Hexagon, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?
WHY WE EXIST? We are building an extraordinary company that automates cloud security and keeps enterprises safe using AI you can trust. How do we behave? We are thought leaders. We operate with integrity, trust, and commitment to our customers. We innovate fearlessly. We remember that while we work for Blue Hexagon we live for our families and significant others. We work as a tribe constantly learning and sharing.
WHAT WE DO? We harness next-generation AI or real time deep learning to defeat advanced cyber adversaries in the cloud
HOW WILL WE SUCCEED? By bringing in highly talented and growth-minded individuals who are empathetic and earn the trust of the peers, prospects, and customers they engage with. In the box or out of the box you must be a person that is comfortable being uncomfortable to push yourself to be the best version of yourself. Commit a tribal mindset, collaborate constantly, and help to innovate relentlessly.
WHY NOW? Focus, execute and conquer the cloud. We have a strong culture that offers strong compensation plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking talent who are excited about creating and building the big thing. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen cloud solutions, then you belong here.
As a Sales Engineer, you will have a significant impact on the success of each sales presentation. This is a key position that contributes directly to the bottom-line health of the company.
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for Blue Hexagon
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, both pre- and post-sales
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installation to helping prospective customers interpret / act on the many insights they’ll gain
- Articulate the technical value proposition, differentiators, and capabilities to prospects and partners
- Lead architecture design discussions for deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Work with Sales, Product Development & Product Management teams to help product direction, customer alignment, and customer success.
- Provide post-sales follow-up, technical training, and consulting
- Help with post-implementation support for key customers
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer’s implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Strong understanding of Network/Application security, analysis, or incident response
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with network security, endpoint, IDS, or similar technologies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Strong problem-solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Understanding of enterprise security requirements
- Solid understanding network security, endpoint, and SIEM technologies
- Deep understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts, risk
- OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 3-7
- Understanding of NIST and related standards for enterprise security
- Solid understanding of major operating systems, hardening, and common points of attack
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Familiarity with VMware hypervisor (ESXi) and environments
- Experience analyzing packet captures a plus
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP